Wednesday 14 November 2007

Attitude poses: Dr. Jeckyll

Moving on from turnarounds, I start to explore a character's personality through "attitude" drawings.

BaZoink!

Having worked out the main forms, by this stage my drawings start to tighten up a bit so I try to work fairly quickly in the hope that they still feel organic. The main shapes still need to flow well together along with maintaining the same sense of mass and proportions.

slvr-wk7-07_Attitudes

I like to use story points as the basis for these drawings. That way you have a specific direction to work towards which helps you think through how that character acts or reacts in context. I suppose that's an obvious thing to do...

Next up, expressions. A much longer post that I should have ready by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment