Monday 15 October 2007

Bowler hats

Gent

Tsk tsk, two months since my last update. Hadn't realised it had been that long. I've been really busy wih work, multiple personal art projects and picking up new skills with Stephen Silver's course on schoolism.

More on that later - I hope to get my posts back up to a daily occurence, I've definately got enough material. The drawing above is one of three characters I doodled after studying photos of a man in a bowler hat. Just like the first image, these guys were doodled out really quickly:

Bowler hat cartoon men

But only after I spent a little time doing studies of photos of the real thing:

Bowler hat man

That way, I get a better understanding of how a real hat sits and feels, so it's much easier to abstract and characateur afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment