Wednesday 16 February 2011

Gesture drawing: Recline1

Here's another 30 second gesture drawing of a reclining pose I made at life drawing class. I altered my approach a bit with this one:

LifeDrawing_2011-02-07_Recline1

Like the other gesture drawings I posted recently (see here, here, here and here), I only had 30 seconds to capture this pose. However, despite this short amount of time I set myself a further couple of challenges when I made this drawing:

1. Could I cover two angles of the same pose within the time frame

2. Could I also get these two angles to relate to each other convincingly and create a sense of space within my sheet of paper

The overall framing and position of the figures plays a big part in creating that sense of space. I drew the one in the foreground first, then ran around to the other side and drew that view. As you can imagine, I had to draw pretty fucking fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment