Monday 19 April 2010

Hyacinth Macaws (at ZSL London Zoo)

Hyacinth Macaws (at ZSL London Zoo) from Rafianimates on Vimeo.

Something I threw together for fun using photos I took of Hyacinth Macaws at ZSL London Zoo.

I purposely shot these parrots with my stills camera on a high-speed burst setting so I could avoid the motion blur I tend to get through the 30fps video setting. Each captured image has the birds in focus and any "dropped" frames across the movement add a much welcomed level of randomness to the whole thing :)

Working with a sequence of still photos also makes a more interesting effect when animating them on 2's, 3's or 4's - as I've done here - within the kaleidoscopic effect which I achieved using a combination of Adobe After Effects and key framing by hand.

Music by OSYMYSO.

No comments:

Post a Comment