Wednesday 11 March 2009

Life Drawing: Winter '09 pt. 8

I had another fun and productive session at Monday night drawing class. I only have four scans to share because our time on each pose was split between drawing on paper and modelling with plastecine.

Around 10 minus each:
Life-Drawing-2009-03-09_01
Life-Drawing-2009-03-09_02

An interesting thing happened the first time I switched from pencil to plastecine mid-pose: I started modelling one side i.e. just our model's profile. Not only was I not making the most of the medium I was now working in, I also realised that when I draw on paper I probably don't think of all the sides of my subject - even the ones I can't see from my point of view. That shit is crucial!

20 mins:
Life-Drawing-2009-03-09_03

Sadly I didn't take a photo of the models I made. Like all the others, this exercise really helped me see and not just look as I drew.

30 mins:
Life-Drawing-2009-03-09_04

No comments:

Post a Comment