Tuesday 25 November 2008

Life Drawing - Winter pt. 7

Last night was the final life drawing session of this term. I feel it's all gone by so quickly, but I've had a brilliant time, learned tonnes and come away truly inspired to experiment and continue to have fun first and foremost when drawing. Here are a few bit from last night:

LifeDrawing241108_01

Drawing on printed newspaper really forces you to think about every mark you make - something easily taken for granted when drawing on plain white paper.

LifeDrawing241108_02

By drawing on something that is already full of patterns and shapes, you're suddenly very aware of the importance of every line in your drawing, how they relate to eachother and indeed the edges of the surface you're drawing on and it's shape.

This exercise made me pay much closer attention to what I was doing in the next two drawings:

LifeDrawing241108_03

LifeDrawing241108_04

I find these less satisfying than what I drew last week, and that's encouraging because hopefully it means I'm headed out of my comfort zone.

New Life Drawing term starts January 12th, can't wait. In the meantime, I promise to try and get back to blogging on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment