Thursday 25 October 2007

Study: Hands

01-hands4

I find hands tricky to draw. Even with the stylized characters I create I find it hard to work out a simplified version of the hand that suits. Time to explore the real thing:

01-hands1

What I'm trying to do here is break the construction of a hand down to its main components. Large shapes that I can base any hand pose on and build details onto after:

01-hands2

01-hands3

The sketches above are all of my left hand. I figured I'd better get some other reference if I really wanted to study hands:

01-hands5-from-mags

01-hands7

Proportions are off, none are quite to scale and I might be missing a digit or two in some of them but I think I'm starting to understand the construction of a believable hand.

01-hands6-from-mags

No comments:

Post a Comment