Friday 6 July 2007

Life Drawing - Week 11

As mentioned in an earlier post, now that the weekly life class at the Princes Drawing School is over for the summer I've started attending their drop-in classes. They run them twice a week - Tuesday and Thursday evenings, sadly I only managed to attend one session this week due to commitments at work. Here are some drawings from last night:

Draw-Life-11-01
Warm-up sketches, 2-3 minutes on each.

Draw-Life-11-03
More warm-ups, clockwise from top: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, no minutes.

I tried to set different goals with each drawing. Especially with these short poses. Rather than trying to capture everything in a rush, I set out smaller and more focussed studies. Like observing the foreshortening in the legs in one pose or the sense of mass and weight via the thighs/hips in another or the tilt of the upper torso in another.

Draw-Life-11-02
10 minutes. Too much tone and outline, not enough contour.

Draw-Life-11-04
25 minutes.

Draw-Life-11-05

I think I had an hour with this last one.

I enjoyed the class last night, our model was fantastic - striking interesting poses that were challenging and inspiring. It's all about practice so I plan on attending both sessions every week from now on. Saying that though, Kentaro is playing at on Tuesday, so I'll probably only make it to Thursday's class! Might have pics from the gig to post on Wednesday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment