Saturday 16 June 2007

Life Drawing - Week 8

I can't believe it's been eight weeks already since I started attending the weekly life drawing class at the Princes Drawing School. It's been another manic week at work, so I was late for our session on Wednesday night, yet again. Fortunately I was still in time to catch a few warm-up poses (10 minutes max for each), here's a look at my efforts:

Draw Life 08-01

Draw Life 08-02

Then I suffered horribly through our long pose. I struggled for a full hour trying to capture some of what I saw, but I just ended up with a flat lifeless bunch of lines that are at best unrelated:

Draw Life 08-03

I mean where do I begin it's just all over the place. It's clear how painful it was for me to try and figure out his right leg, arms and getting his cheast to feel like it had mass....... . . .. .. well, for some reason I just lacked the focus and energy I normally have and it really shows in the drawing above. I guess it's fair enough 'coz I was shattered from work but I did come away a bit deflated, feeling like I hadn't made the most of my time with the model and in the studio - I only get to go one evening a week.

We finished with a bunch of 2-minute poses:

Draw Life 08-04

bleh.

Hope I have something better up here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment